Trainer: Gary Elekes
Designed to allow a company to develop a business and operating plan for the year ahead. In addition to conducting a full review of all the company business processes, we will work to then prioritize the company goals. Once we have established all the relevant goals, we can then create a plan.
The plan will consist of a Financial plan, Marketing Plan, Production Plan, and a Human Resources Plan.
We will create a working budget that transcends a one time budget and becomes an operating platform for your company. We will also design a lead forecast, sales, sales closure rates, estimated marketing budget to create those leads, and a forecast for labor an crews, techs maintenance.
We will review all methods of pricing, market and cost based, the methods you may enjoy implementing to increase your sales, as well as consumer promotions for your slower transition shoulder seasons, a break-even calculation, and how to be sure we are making a profit and positive cash flow in any given period.
In workshop we will create a positioning cookbook price system, and analyze how this can be used in your own company. Whether you already have a set price book or not this analysis is essential to know how a company can sell utilizing overhead per crew day, and combining marketing practices in the slower periods.
Finally we will cover all aspects of service management, developing tech lead turnovers and sales, service agreements, accessory sales, and marketing to gain access to new service clients both digitally and also via traditional media.
- Work to prioritize the company goals.
- Create financial, marketing, production and human resources plans.
- Create a working budget that becomes an operating platform for the company.
- Design lead forecasts, sales, sales closure rates, estimated marketing budgets, and a forecast for labor an crews, techs maintenance.
- Develop a break-even calculation to ensure you are making a profit and positive cash flow in any given period.
- Cover all aspects of service management, developing tech lead turnovers and sales, service agreements, accessory sales, and marketing to gain access to new service clients both digitally and also via traditional media.
What to Bring (Dealers):
- A working laptop or device that has EXCEL on it actively working
- Your company’s organization chart
- A copy of your previous year’s income statement (final year) – detailed if available
- A year to date income statement
- A balance sheet – current
- Your company’s goals for the coming year PLUS goals for the coming year broken into departments – service/AOR/MTC/commercial/commercial MTC/ etc…. all departments broken down
- GP Dollars
- Gross Margin %
- Sales Growth %
- Service Agreement growth, renewal, attrition
- Earnings target – EBIT – also known as operating income
- Other goals
- Pay for each field labor person – possible report or just know the wages you pay
- A month-by-month break down of all sales by department – seasonal sales mix percentages
- A month-by-month break down of each cost of goods sold – by department if possible
- Your system or method of pricing
- The flat rate or time and material labor rate used in service departments
- Sales closure rates
- Average tickets for service, plumbing, HVAC, Drain, and Retail Sales
- Lead tracking if available – cost per lead
- Where you got your lead sources from and those cost per leads
- # of maintenance agreements and renewal percentages
- Percentage of leads from service and maintenance
- Lead turnover ratio’s – calls run, lead turned, what ratio
Who Should Attend?
- Owners of Trade Businesses