Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas that is a natural byproduct of the combustion process. When you ask customers how much poison they would like to have in their home, they will always say ZERO. In this technical Certification Program you will:
- Evaluate the safety of the home by measuring ambient carbon monoxide levels.
- Learn corrective actions to take to eliminate ambient carbon monoxide.
- Identify common sources of carbon monoxide.
- Determine proper combustion and draft test locations.
- Measure carbon monoxide, oxygen, and temperature in flue gas.
- Measure draft pressure.
- Determine field-measured performance and efficiency of installed equipment.
- Accurately measure equipment and system temperatures.
- Uncover and identify specific mechanical defects.
- Discuss potential repairs and adjustments to improve safety and efficiency.
- Receive NCI’s Carbon Monoxide & Combustion Analyst Certification with a passing grade on the final exam.
Ensure consumer safety and efficiency when using gas appliances:
- Deliver optimum combustion performance for gas-fired equipment through proper analysis and adjustment
- Verify that combustion appliance zones are safe to avoid potential carbon monoxide poisonings
- Measure ambient carbon monoxide levels
- Educate consumers on carbon monoxide alarms and low-level monitors
- Determine how well combustion vent systems are performing