Today’s HVAC equipment is more sophisticated and demanding than ever before. Proper HVAC system repair and maintenance requires mastering new methods that keep customer’s homes safe, healthy, comfortable, and energy-efficient. Unlike typical HVAC troubleshooting classes, this workshop focuses on ways to solve common customer complaints that go way beyond fixing the equipment. In this non-technical workshop you will:
- Learn why accurate measurements are required to ensure high-performance operation of the entire HVAC system.
- Get exposed to the latest tools, instruments, and procedures used by high-performance contractors to delight their customers.
- Perform real-world exercises using National Comfort Institute’s airflow measurement tool, AirMaxx Lite™, which will be installed on each student’s mobile device.
- Focus on understanding and implementing a high-performance service call sequence designed to keep complete HVAC systems humming at peak efficiency.
- Learn to uncover hidden opportunities to improve your customer’s service experience using maintenance agreements, accessories, and system upgrades.
- Learn a “measure, don’t guess” philosophy to significantly improve results when incorporated in your daily life.
- NOTE: This workshop focuses on fixing customers, not equipment. While technical topics are discussed, this is not an equipment troubleshooting workshop.
Uncover hidden homeowner problems that often go overlooked:
- Measure, stop guessing about, HVAC system performance levels
- Use modern service and maintenance processes to measure what matters most
- Employ proper sequence of operation for a high performance service or maintenance call
Service and Maintenance Technicians and their managers looking to solve health, comfort, safety and energy issues