Most residential air duct systems are installed by the least-cost HVAC contractor that the homebuilder could hire during the construction process. Unfortunately, cost-cutting measures typically used in new construction work lead to poorly-performing HVAC systems. In this technical Certification Program you will:
- Enhance your professional reputation by becoming a true HVAC distribution system expert.
- Learn how to evaluate the performance of the existing air duct system.
- Accurately estimate room airflow and pinpoint duct system deficiencies.
- Identify ways to improve the system’s performance through “surgical” modifications.
- Profitably price duct system renovations and help customers understand their value.
- Receive NCI’s Duct System Optimization Specialist Certification with a passing grade on the final exam.
Most residential air duct systems fail to deliver ultimate indoor comfort:
- Understand why new, high-performance HVAC equipment works better with upgraded air duct systems
- Evaluate existing air duct design and equipment sizing
- Verify real-time HVAC system performance
- Uncover air distribution upgrade opportunities
- Redesign and renovate existing air distribution systems to maximize consumer comfort and efficiency